My mum gave me a bag of rose petals around Christmas time. She is a baker herself and bought a huge jar back from Australia with her. They have been sitting in the baking box unsused since then so I decided to finally use them this weekend.
I also still have a huge amount of Green & Blacks chocolate left over from the cook off that I did a few months ago so I put a chocolate, rose petal and vanilla cookie to the test.
I baked the cookies with rose petals in the mixture and then covered the top with Green & Blacks Milk Chocolate and scattered more rose petals on top.
Ingredients– Makes 8 large cookies
115 g butter, at room temperature
55 g caster sugar
135 g plain flour
Hand full of rose petals
For the topping
1 bar Green & Blacks Milk Chocolate
1 tbsp milk
2 tsp butter
Hand full of rose petals to scatter
Pre-heat the oven to 170degrees
1. Cream the butter in a bowl until light and fluffy
2. Add the sugar and beat together
3. Sift in the flour, add the rose petals and combine until a soft dough is formed
4. Pull off a bit of the dough, roll it into a ball and place on a lined baking tray. Repeat until all of the dough has been used up. Leave at least 2cm between each cookie so that they don’t merge together when baking
5. Bake for 10-12 minutes or until firm on top. Make sure you take them out of the oven before hard otherwise they won’t be soft in the middle
6. While the cookies are baking, melt the chocolate, butter and milk in a bain marie
7. Place the baked cookies on a cooling rack and smother over the melted chocolate mixture. Scatter rose petals on a leave the dry
Pingback: Tweets that mention Chocolate and Rose Petal Cookie recipe « Food For Think -- Topsy.com
Oh those are gorgeous!
Where can I get rose petals for my baking?