Ok so I may already have a few cookie recipes on here, but NONE are as good as this beauty. Seriously, if you like gooey chocolate chip cookies, you’re in for a treat. The addition of golden syrup instead of egg doesn’t just make it sticky and sweet but also soft and utterly moreish.
• 125g unsalted butter, softened
• 100g light muscovado sugar
• 2tbsp golden syrup
• 1 vanilla pod, de seeded
• 160g self-raising flour
• 200g dark / milk or white chocolate, cut into chunks
Preheat the oven to 180 degrees C
1. Beat the butter and sugar together for around 5 minutes until pale
2. Mix the golden syrup into the butter and sugar with the seeds from the vanilla pod
3. Stir in the flour and chocolate chunks until just combined
4. Place the cookie dough on a lined baking tray. Roll it into balls and leave a few cm’s between each one, otherwise they will run into each other when baking and you will end up with one big cookie!
5. Place in the pre heated oven and bake for 12 mins until golden brown
6. Place on a cooling rack once out of the oven – or if you’re like me, eat them still warm from the oven