My boyfriend’s little brother LOVES chocolate and asked me to bake some chocolate chip cookies for him. The only flour that we had in the flat was Wholemeal Plain Flour and there were no weighing scales so I had to look online to convert grams into ml.
I also used a mixture of Dairy Milk and Dairy Milk with Crunchie bits in (they do a large bar of this in Australia!). The result – a melt in mouth cookie with a great texture from the Wholemeal flour and a welcome crisp from the Crunchie bits in the chocolate.
I have converted the recipe into ml and I have to say it’s really easy – there’s minimal cleaning afterwards too!
215ml Wholemeal Plain Flour
1 1/2 tsp Baking Powder
1/4 tsp Salt
230g Chocolate (1/2 and 1/2 Dairy Milk and Dairy Milk Crunchie)
6 tbsp Butter, softened
200ml Dark Muscovado Sugar
1. Place Flour, Baking Powder and Salt into a bowl and set aside
2. Melt 1/3 of the chocolate in a bain-marie – meanwhile cream the butter and sugar
3. Add in the melted chocolate and beat in the eggs
4. Add the flour and chocolate chips and mix well
5. Freeze for 20 minutes before baking in the oven at 175degrees for 10-12 minutes
Make sure that the cookies are not fully baked before you bring them out of the oven if you want them to be gooey. Enjoy within 3 days.