Easter is upon us and all I can think about is chocolate. But, rather than settling for a shop bought Easter Egg this year, I’ll be making a delicious, rich and decadent chocolate mousse. Why not try it yourself – enjoy as a dessert or a very naughty sweet treat.
250g dark chocolate (I used 70% Lindt)
50g unsalted butter, softened
9 eggs whites
6 egg yolks, beaten
50g golden caster sugar
1 tsp ground ginger
Extra chocolate shavings to sprinkle on top
1. Melt chocolate in bain marie. When melted, stir in the softened butter until smooth
2. Whisk egg whites until frothy but not stiff. Add half the sugar and whisk until stiff. Add the rest of the sugar and whisk until the egg whites stiffen further. Fold in the beaten yolks using a metal spoon.
3. Whisk half of the egg whites into the chocolate until thoroughly mixed, then fold in the second half until evenly combined
4. Pour into glasses and leave to set
5. Sprinkle chocolate shavings onto the top before serving
That. Moose. Looks. ROCKING!
Chocolate and ginger is such a lovely combo and it looks so creamy and decadent. Wow. I want this so, so badly right now…
Gorgeous photo too.
Thanks! It was pretty tasty. It’s really easy to make too – you should try it. x