First published on Eat the Olympics on Thursday 22nd March
Sour cream Kolacky (Slovenia)
1 cup plain flour
1/2 cup cold unsalted butter
40g sour cream
Jam (or your own choice) for filling
Icing sugar, to dust
1. In a large bowl, rub butter and flour together until it resembled crumbs. Stir in sour cream and mix well
2. Wrap the dough in cling film and refrigerate for 2 hours
Pre heat oven to 180 degrees C
3. Roll on lightly floured surface to 1/8-inch thickness. Cut with a large round cookie cutter
4. Fill center with filling, bring the sides up to the middle and pinch at the top
5. Bake 12-15 minutes, or until bottom of cookie is just beginning to brown
6. Remove from the baking tray and cool on wire racks. When cooled, dust with icing sugar to serve
love your blog Sarah – lovely photography! these little rustic jam tarts look fab – think my kids would enjoy having a stab at these 🙂
Thanks Katie! Lovely to finally meet you last night.
You’ll have to make them with your kids and let me know what you think!!
These sound interesting – sort of like a pre-filled scone – lovely photograph.
They are different to what I’ve ever done before – kind of like a rich version of jam tarts. We also did nutella ones, which were delicious!