A Modo Mio – My Way
Last night I attended a fantastic master class, held by Lavazza, at the Cambridge Satchel Company pop-up store in Covent Garden.
As well as meeting some of the (lovely!) competition, we were treated to a session learning not only how to make our own cafe standard coffee, but also some quick, easy and delicious coffee based sweet treats, including one monster containing Nutella, Lavazza espresso, whipped cream and chopped nuts – WOW! I was extremely impressed with the result of my milk frothing and cannot WAIT to be able to make this standard of coffee from the comfort of my own home.
As well as attending the master class, I also took some home made biscotti and mocha dipping sauce into work yesterday. I think I have been keeping my workmates happy over the last few days. So far I have kept them entertained with my Popping Candy Lavazza Espresso Chocolate Truffles and they have also had the bonus of enjoying biscotti with their afternoon cup of coffee.
I have to admit I couldn’t try it myself as I’m gluten free but I used my house mates as guinea pigs and they gave a big thumbs up. I could try the mocha sauce though (the bit that counts) and despite not usually liking mocha, I loved it. Must be to do with the fact that it contains a shot of the A Modo Mio Intensamente capsule!
Don’t forget, you could be in with a chance of winning lots of Lavazza goodies, including 350 iTunes vouchers and tickets to Wimbledon (comp closes 19 June). Simply head to wimbledon.lavazza.com to take part in the ‘Enjoy Your New Tradition’ competition. And if you don’t win, you can still purchase the Limited Edition Wimbledon A Modo Mio machine here.
What is your favourite coffee recipe? Let me know and I could be testing it out as one of #NewTradition entries!
- Chocolate Orange Biscotti with Mocha Dipping Sauce
For the Biscotti
280g 10oz plain flour
½ tsp baking powder
250g golden caster sugar
3 large eggs, beaten
50g melted dark chocolate
25g dark chocolate chips
35g chopped almonds
Zest of 1 orange
½ tsp vanilla essence
For the mocha sauce
225g dark chocolate, broken into pieces
80g caster sugar
60ml Lavazza Espresso (I used A Modo Mio Intensamente capsules)
1. Pre head the oven to 160C.
2. Mix flour, baking powder and sugar. Add the eggs and stir to form a dough.
3. Add the melted chocolate and mix thoroughly. Add chocolate chips, almonds, orange zest and vanilla essence.
4. Knead the mixture lightly and separate the dough into two pieces. Roll into logs, place on a linked baking tray and bake for 25 minutes.
5. Take out of the oven and cut into 1/2 inch thick slices.
6. Return to the oven and bake for another 15 minutes, turn over and continue to bake for another 15 minutes until golden brown.
7. For the mocha sauce, put all the ingredients (except the espresso) into a thick-bottomed saucepan. Heat gently and stir until the chocolate has melted. Add the espresso at the end and whisk until smooth.