Tradition #2 – The Wimbledon Ballot
One of my first memories of a Wimbledon ballot is being at my friend’s house, aged six, when her mum had just won tickets in the Wimbledon ballot. A major tennis fan, she was quite understandably extremely happy and her excitement was so infectious. It took a while for my six year old self to understand the concept of the ballot but it is something I have never forgotten, therefore making it one of my personal Wimbledon traditions.
Now as you may know, I am part way through the Lazavva Wimbledon 2013 competition (see my post here for more info) and I have a 1 in 5 chance of winning tickets to visit Wimbledon this year. Lavazza, Italy’s favourite coffee brand, has invited 15 food and drink, fashion and lifestyle bloggers to share the culture of real Italian coffee through its values of excellence, tradition, innovation and experience and has asked us to enter this #NewTradition competition.
And as well as having the chance to win tickets to Wimbledon yourselves over at Lazavva’s ‘Enjoy Your New Tradition’ digital campaign (click HERE), I thought I would give you a chance to enter my very own Food for Think Lavazza Wimbledon ballot. Sadly I can’t promise you tickets to Wimbledon but what I can offer one lucky reader is the chance to win an extra special Wimbledon inspired hamper, created by yours truly. If you are the lucky winner you will receive the following:
Pimms and lemonade
A bottle of Italian Asti
Lavazza Qualità Oro
Freshly baked strawberries and cream cake (if you live in London)
What’s better, if you live in London, I will hand deliver the hamper at the closest weekend to you winning the prize. Don’t worry if you don’t, I can always post it minus the cake.
‘What do I have to do to enter?’ I hear you shouting. Simply follow the instructions below to win.
1) Comment on this blog telling me your favourite Wimbledon/Lavazza old or new traditions (don’t forget to leave your email address so I can contact you if you win)
2) Tweet the following ‘My favourite Wimbledon/@LavazzaUK #NewTradition is XXX @foodforthink
3) Follow me on Instagram and comment on my #NewTradition images to let me know your favourite Wimbledon/Lavazza #NewTradition
4) Follow me on YouTube and comment on my #NewTradition videos to let me know your favourite Wimbledon/LavazzaUK
5) Follow me on Pinterest and like my #NewTradition pins
6) Become a fan on Facebook and tell me your favourite Wimbledon/Lavazza #NewTradition
So many ways that you can win! And the best thing is, the more times you enter, the more chance to have of winning as each comment cunts for one entry.
Please read the T & C’s carefully.
The competition closes at midday on Tuesday 18th June 2013 and the winner will be announced shortly afterwards.
TERMS & CONDITIONS
The winner is randomly chosen by the Random website.
Competition only open UK residents.
Entrants must be 18 years or older.
If the winner hasn’t replied within one day to the organiser’s email to receive his prize, a new winner will be randomly drawn.